Moscow Charter School has a block schedule for basic skills classes. The scheduling allows for flexibility in moving students to academically appropriate skill groups. For example, a student may move to a different class for math instruction and then back to his/her homeroom for language arts instruction. Teacher observations, parent input, and assessments will be used to move students between grade levels during this time. The Math Block begins at 8:45 and ends at recess time. The Language Arts/Reading Block begins after a 15-minute recess and ends at 11:30 a.m.
Core Curriculum Materials:
- Everyday Math - Problem-solving, experiential based math concepts
- Harcourt Trophies - Language Arts/Reading
- Junior Great Books - Literature
- Accelerated Math - Skills practices
- Foss Science - Hands-on developmentally appropriate investigations